Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Good Job

The position I chose was New Media Coordinator, which interested me due to my minor and furthermore because it seems like a cutting edge position amidst all the old media that's beginning to choke and lose its audience.

To be successful at this sort of work, you need BS related to marketing or communications, excel in communication related things as well as having a large amount of knowledge about Web 2.0 applications and some organizational abilities. Knowledge of music or the arts is also recommended, as well having experience in HTML or some sort of web-design friendly programming lanugage.

At my current level, I think I'm on the right track, I need to become quicker and more effective at incorporating and mastering new technologies and/or applications that tie into New Media related work, as well as studying HTML and learning how to manipulate and make effective use of its properties.

But, as this is the sort of work I'm preparing for, I'd be more than satisfied in landing this job after I'm ready to take it!

1 comment:

  1. thats a very cool job i never would have thought of that to be an ideal job for me but the why that you put it, it makes me think about doing that as well.

    ReplyDelete