Sunday, October 4, 2009

Twitter Experiences

The Twittering experience has been quite good thus far, if a bit sparse: why is it that girls always seem to have ninety billion followers and stellar guys like myself have less than fifteen? Just plain crazy I say!

In any case, Twittering is interesting and has been such for me for a variety of reasons, specifically the fact that I can keep up with, follow and even become friends with celebrities if I care to. It seems that a lot of bands and musical artists that I like have Twitter feeds too, which is somewhat convenient if I want news straight from the horse’s mouth as it were.

I also find the posting aspect a fairly neat thing about Twitter. 140 characters may not be much when you think about it, but for daily postings and whatnot it’s actually pretty darn convenient. Information, as a result of reaching an enhanced state of transience and mediocrity, actually increases the effectiveness of its transmissive capabilities. With brief spurts of text you can effectively narrate smaller details that normally carry over into normal conversation, thus replicating the process in an online manner without sacrificing the actual ease of communicating, and its what I’ve enjoyed the most about Twitter overall.

I would continue Twittering in order to explore these two separate aspects of the system more!

No comments:

Post a Comment